Friday, 30 May 2014

My Tribute to Maya Angelou

Dr. Maya Angelou died recently on Wednesday May 28th 2014. She was an extremely inspiring and infuentual African American Woman. She will be missed for her great books and quotes which both
she has many of.

Quotes that I like:

"Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning".

Maya Angelou

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel".


Maya Angelou

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude".

Maya Angelou

Books:

Maya Angelou: Journey of the Heart (Rainbow Biography)

I know why the caged bird sings

Poetry for young people (includes loads of poems) and many more...

Achievments:

Dr. Maya was winning achievments from 1970 all the way to 2013. Here are three of her awards:

1970- Chubb Fellowship

1973- Tony Award nomination


2012- Black Cultural Society Award

I think that Dr. Maya Angelou is a very inspirational person and never gives up for what she believes in. 

R.I.P Dr. Maya Angelou, I hope you are happy wherever you are! :):)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tribute to Maya Angelou well done Rukiya keep up the good work and thank you for the book recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... I will research this great woman...

    ReplyDelete