Thursday, 2 April 2015

Heal Outside of the Hut (chapter 4)

Yayayayyayayaayayayyay more Heal! Even I'm excited and I'm the author lol. Wanna know a secret guys? Here it is- i don't plan Heal I actually just make it up when I'm writing it on my blog. 
Anywayssss, I made a new page called 'My Drawing Gallery' so please feel free to check it out.


Characters: 
Main character- Tamera
Baby sister of main character- Karen
Baby brother of main character- Huey
Dad of main character- Jayden but he will often be called dad
Mum of main character- Mariah
Dad of Tia (Tia is Tamera's bestie)
Mum of Tia 
Class nerd in Tamera's class- Susie
Tamera's teacher
Carer/Carers- Rich people who live in or near the governments house. They bring the people who live in tents apples.
fighters- people who chose to stay outside and live in war. 

Chapter 4

Fresh air. Wow, was what I thought. Mum carelessly barged all of us out of the way, "At last....we're free!" she spun around on her feet with her arms up. I looked at my father. He hadn't said anything since I found out we were moving. He stared dreamlessly into space. "Dada" Huey announced proudly, knowing that he'd get everyone's attention. "Huey! He said dada. How cute of him! Jayden... did you even hear your son?" mum asked with a 'Seriously- Jayden-what-is-up-with-you' look on her face. "Oh. Sorry. Yes I did. I was just thinking....about...something!" He said in a jolly way, lifting up Huey and placing him on his back. "About what?" mum asked, slapping my hand down as I was trying to get my phone out of her handbag, staring up eagerly at her husband. "Lets just go! does it really matter..." I mumbled under my breath. Surprisingly both my parents heard it, Huey boomed, "RUDE TAMERA. RUDE TAMERA. RUDE TAMERA!" 
"Tamera don't talk to me like that. LET'S GO EVERYONE COME ON!" At that precise moment I had realised the carer was still with us, quietly standing behind my father, looking like a midget compared to him. The carer stumbled around as if trying to balance on a narrow rope, struggling to hold scuffled papers. "I must show you around...come on!" the Carer said.

He took us to a delicious market, packed with all sorts of scrumptious things. Cakes, vegetables, fruits, chocolate. "So why exactly is it that the government makes the people who could easily die eat delicious food whereas the ones in tents who want to be safe only get apples?" mum questioned him with a 'go-on-speak-idiot' look. Father coughed rather loudly. I knew exactly why. He was probably thinking, 'Mariah, are you nuts, the idiot could get us arrested!'
"Mariah..."

The carer stood still, not moving one bit. Not saying one thing.

"Well since he's not going to answer I guess we won't need him much longer. Go on then, go to that nice house guarded in every place of the building. You know, that one where all the rich and selfish people are. The one where they make preposterous decisions about we citizens. The one with the swimming pool  and dining room and basement. Go on then...sure you'd rather be there anyway..." To my surprise, The carer did go, without a single word. 
"Mariah! What is wrong with you? You've got your fresh air. So why risk getting all of us arrested? Come on guys, lets go and get some food....WITH OUT your mother." dad whispered angrily, eyebrows descending lower up his face. 

We gathered potatoes, carrots, strawberries, grapes, mangos, kiwis, gravy and chicken. My mother stomped behind us as we were finding a place to stay. Not a single gun shot I heard that day. Not one. Rare. At last we found somewhere, it was a narrow path shadowed by two large trees. Mum helped us lay our sleeping bags on the path whilst father tiredly dropped the shopping bags down near one of the trees, with a great 'humph' coming out of his mouth as they were no longer torturing his hands. "What if a fighter comes?" my mum whispered to father when Huey and Karen were asleep, and me, well, to their analysis. "We'll run Mariah." They hugged.

I woke up with my wool-textured hair straight up. "Morning guys" was the immediate words  said from me as soon as my dream had vanished into miniature pieces. "Morning hunny" mum replied.
"Morning darling' dad replied. The most craziest idea came in mind,
"What if we visit our house! You know, the one we lived in before the war!" I screamed excitedly.
"Tamera are you crazy? That house has probably been burnt to shreds. Maybe not even into shreds, crumbs! Why would you want to go back anyway..." mum said.
"I don't know....I just wanted to see it....." I replied with a 'it-was-just-an-idea...' look spread across my face. Mum gave me a 'how-dare-you-young-lady' look.

Next, we prepared for adventure. My parents had agreed to visit my dad's side of the family first. "Grandma and Grandpa here we come!" I skipped happily along the path, for a second not noticing the gunshots. "Don't speak loud guys, you wouldn't want those idiotic fighters finding us trust me..." Dad whispered. My hair was out today, I twisted my tight curls with my fingers. My mum had made it greasier than ever before. Every time we were visiting people, she would become bossy and a perfectionist about how my hair was, what my teeth looked like, what i was wearing, technically everything! I was wearing a pretty dress with patterns all over it and a belt. Golden hoop earrings and pretty light brown ankle boots. "They're saying to turn left, walk up, take a right and thats where they are." mum announced reading the text message from her parents. So we turned left,walked up and took a right. I hadn't expected my Grandparents' house to be so pretty. Of course not as pretty as the government's, which I had never seen but had heard people talking about it. Tia had described in these exact words 'It's the best house anyone could ever live in. It's never had a speck of dirt on the outside, and probably not in the inside either' just remembering her words got me wound up. DON'T CRY TAMERA STOP CRYING YOU BABY. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO HAVE A BREAK DOWN! 

We stumbled into their house, carrying suitcases and shopping bags. "Hey dad, we didn't eat last night..." I suddenly remembered. 
"Not the time Tamera not the time..." he replied. A beautiful old woman with grey hair down to her shoulders appeared, wearing a colourful jumper, apron and black wellington boots. Gardening or cooking? I pondered over the two. Then a handsome man with a neatly combed grey afro appeared, wearing a black jumper, jeans and also wellington boots......




I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE NEXT CHAPTER OF HEAL GUYS. I THINK THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST CHAPTER SO FAR. TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT THE STORY, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING GUYS. PS. I WILL SOON POST A DRAWING (BY ME) OF TAMERA!!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee












20 comments:

  1. you're very descriptive! keep it up xx

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story ;)

    -Amelie // Contented Perfectionist {ameliebarham.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! Very great writer x


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I'll check it your blog.

      Delete
  4. Amazing post again <3 I really like your blog ! :)
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will check out your blog!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. No Rukiya, I did not mean to make you upset!! I love your blog, and I read EVERY SINGLE POST! I just have this stupid habit of reading posts and then not commenting on them! And I have talked to that person, and they say sorry, what they did was rude, and I am very sorry for it. I adore your blog, please do not get angry :)

      Delete
    5. I'm so sorry Noor I had no idea you read every single post! I'm so sorry i guess i over reacted. Lets just forget about this and move on. :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me you're so rude no one asked for your negative opinion. Who in the world do you think you are? Phhhh there's no way I'm gonna check out your blog, so rude....You shouldn't have a blog if you are going to write rude things on other peoples. So you can go and delete your blog because I'm sure no one likes you.

      Delete