Sunday, 5 July 2015

The Would You Rather Challenge & Why I Hate Slavery

Hey everyone...I just found out something very sad...But I still bothered to log on and write a post. So today I'll be introducing my new tag...named, 'The Would You Rather Challenge' and expressing my anger on slavery…Something that happened more than 1000 years ago! And in fact, is still happening now!  


So yes! Thanks to the awesome Noor, I've got myself a lovely poster made by her! 

Rules:

Answer all of the questions!

Add 5 of your own (THEY ALL HAVE TO BE WOULD YOU RATHERS!)

Always include the poster!

Nominate 6 people at the end

Always include the 'I Nominate' picture

Give Noor credit for the poster!


Questions:

1. Would you rather ~

Eat pizza OR lasagna 

Non-stop all day


2. Would you rather ~

Play piano OR violin 


3. Would you rather ~

Grin OR frown 

Non-stop all day (Both hurt once you've stopped).


4. Would you rather ~

Learn an extremely tricky dance routine online  OR Learn it with millions of people 


5. Would you rather ~

Pick your nose in front of a snitch OR have to do it in an assembly



Skye - The Secret Thoughts
Kate - The Teen Aspect
Jasmin- Draw Divine
The Grand Regime
Noor - a little bit of sunshine
Nicole Rose - Self Known


BEFORE I START TALKING ABOUT SLAVERY, JUST PLEASE NOTICE THAT IT IS A SERIOUS TOPIC SO IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT (NOT IN A RUDE WAY AT ALL) PLEASE DON'T READ. THANK YOU :D

Why I Hate Slavery

Slavery is something that happened more than 1000 years ago, however it still effects me.

Slavery was a devilish organisation in which Europeans who moved to America captured innocent people from Africa. The journey to America was extremely long, they were in bad conditions and ate disgusting food. Many slaves either died or committed suicide The sail took months, and when they finally arrived, they sold them immediately, even having the audacity to claim that God had sent them to help. Erm...Well if God 'sent them' why would you treat them badly? They claimed they were good Christians, their men were disgusting alcoholic rapes who had brainwashed women by their side.

Now you must be thinking...But how exactly does it effect you?

It effects me because I know that my ancestors were slaves. I know this because there were slaves in the Caribbean, and my surname is English.

There were different plantations during slavery, which were basically places in which slaves worked in. Your surname would be the surname of your slave owner, and so the last slave owner to own my dad's family was Mr. Spencer. And how much I hate Mr. Spencer.

Recently I watched a film series called 'Roots', based on an African warrior called 'Kunta Kinte'. Kunta Kinte was captured in his teens, but throughout his time in America, he still remembered his culture, language and tribe 'Mandika'. Therefore he told his child 'Kizzy' his story and where they came from, and so Kizzy told her child 'George' and so on. Alex Haley, the 7th generation of Kunta Kinte investigated Kunta Kinte and his family's story. Then made it into an amazing film...'Roots'

Of course, there were some inappropriate scenes for me to watch, therefore my parents had to watch it with me. BUT...I didn't watch those inappropriate scenes...Which there weren't many....Anyway!



Apparently there's a place in America which has information about your ancestors, I'D LOVE TO GO THERE!

Now my goal is to do what Kunta Kinte did, tell my children my story, and carry it on. So I'm going to make myself an amazing book, that MIGHT be called, 'Carry Me On!'

Thank you so much everyone for reading my post!

I can't wait for you guys to see the next post I have planned...

See ya!





8 comments:

  1. Thank you ever so much for the nomination!

    I agree with you completely, and the mere thought of the atrocious quality of life that so many were made to endure for the sake of other individuals' greed is enough to make my blood boil! We, as a society, have come a long way since then, but slavery still exists. I hope that one day people will be able to reflect on history, struck by utter disbelief, upon hearing that this was the way in which so many were treated, and to make things worse, so many saw it as justified.

    I look forward to that book!

    Kate x
    www.theteenaspect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! No problem for nominating you but what book are you talking about?

      Delete
  2. As a new reader of your blog i can already tell that i am going to love it!

    This is very emotive and made me open my eyes to know how the world is built the way it is today, even though the horrible part in the world is still taking slavery seriously, it makes me think how the world has actually progressed, no one should have to go through with it.

    Thanks for this post, its so good, keep it up :)

    Hidden Identity x
    http://ihaveahiddenidentity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hidden Identity! I'll check out your blog

      Delete
  3. really interesting post Rukiya, keep it up!

    bethfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome post Rukiya! If you ever do make a book that would be the PERFECT title!

    ReplyDelete