Sunday, 12 July 2015

Why Can't Black Girl's Just Love Their Natural Hair?

Hey guys! I'm going through a sad time at the moment so won't be in a very good mood as you may of noticed that I haven't been extremely happy like I always am on the Google+ Hangouts.

Lets just get to the post...

It's quite sad actually. They always have weave or extensions, and what's even sadder is that as soon as they've got that weave on their head they're confident and happy. I'm a natural, and everyone always says 'oh you've got such long hair!'

Once when I was in primary school, these yr6's kept asking me, 'Are you sure that's not extensions'
'Yes...' I would say, having to saying it over and over again to people who were confused. I really don't see how it looks like extensions, there is no big knot at the beginning and....Really? Can't you tell the difference?

A lot of black women our days had beautiful long hair when they were younger, but relaxed it and DONE. IT'S RUINED COMPLETELY! So I guess thats a BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIIIIGGGGG thank you to the person who made up the relaxing chemical...

I'm sure a lot of people had long, beautiful hair when they were younger, like one time I was shopping with my mum and an elderly woman told my mum to look after my hair. And she was pretty serious when she said that. Now I realise how lucky I am to have a mother who knows how to keep my hair healthy. 

My point is, I just wish the relaxing chemical, weave and extensions didn't exist (straightening is fine I guess). I wish everyone had healthy hair like me...

Here are a few pics I found on google of afros that I LOVE









That's it for today! Thanks for reading!

See ya

4 comments:

  1. Cool hair styles Rukiya! I don't know how your hair looks like but, it's good you have healthy hair!

    ~ Sarah : )
    * The Joys Of Life *

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I have a friend with *awesome* natural black hair. It's the coolest thing ever. It looks funky and beautiful. (Although she straightens it sometimes)
    But I'm with you, sista ;)

    ReplyDelete