Monday, 24 August 2015

Breakdowns and Regrets

                       Those moments... When you really want to achieve something and you start feeling like things  are holding you back from making it happen...




Everyone must know by now that my dream is to be a professional dancer, not just in ballet, but in all types of dance. Probably about a month ago, I had a huge breakdown. I wanted to take all sorts of dance classes, not just ballet. Lyrical for example, which is my favourite type of dance. Jazz, I used to do last year, I wanted to go there again. I thought, how is my dream going to happen if I'm only taking one genre of dance classes? In Dance Moms, a popular Lifetime TV reality show, girls around my age started pretty young. This is why It's not always good to watch reality TV shows, because you feel like you want it just like that person , and that person is the same age as you, and is given so many amazing opportunities, whilst you're just holding your head up and working on what you want to do. Right? 

When I was about 3 I actually did take ballet classes, but unfortunately I didn't like it! How much I wish I did so that I don't have to put up with all this struggle. 

 Starting ballet last year in December was pretty cool for me, except that I had to IMPROVISE (Thank God it wasn't in front of the whole class alone) and you know what, It's amazing to me. I couldn't care less if most people start when they're 2 or 3 years old, I want to be a professional dancer and if I have what it takes, it will happen. Misty Copeland started ballet at 13, and now look at her!



I really don't feel upset anymore about this, but anyone who does out there...Don't let ANYONE or ANYTHING stop you from achieving something you really want. Misty Copeland survived, and so will you.


Quotes By Me: 





These quotes were made on the website: http://quozio.com/
             


I hope you enjoyed my post everyone! Please tell me in your comments what you think who and what  I was referring to in these quotes, thanks for reading :D


Byeeeeeeeeee 











25 comments:

  1. I started ballet when I was 3, and things have changed alot since then. I switched dance schools, which set me back, but I have a chance to take a pointe test this year! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I wish I enjoyed it then. It's so cool you're gonna take a pointe test, good luck! No problem, you inspire me too :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Rukiya,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com Just to let you know, I replied to it, so you can reply back. :) That would be great!
    Love,
    Ashley
    ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com
    ashpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Ashley ^ ^ I'll read it and reply :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rukiya. :) I replied to your comments again. :D

      Delete
    3. No problem Ashley...And kl I'll check it out

      Delete
    4. Do you still need helping looking at things I sell? What kind of things are you interested in? Again, there are things that aren't listed on my site that I can make and sell.

      Delete
    5. Hmm...I'm gonna think about what I want first. But please tell me, what type of things can you make?

      Delete
    6. Anything you want, really. Hats, gloves, book covers, hats, slippers, doilies, change purses, cup holders, coasters, hot pads, headbands, flowers. I can't make shirts quite yet, but soon I will be able to make sweaters. And I'm making scarves too. If you have something else in mind, just let me know. :D

      Delete
  3. I've been dancing ever since I was little, 3 or 4 I think, and am now lucky enough to help teach my own class. It's crazy to think from a little girl dancing learning things I'm now the teacher. I also wanted to be a dancer a short while ago but I know now it can't happen because I don't have what ballerinas have, (turn out, my hips don't work in the way ballerinas should) but I love your determination I wish you all the success in your goals. Would love to hear updates on how it all goes.

    bethfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow it's so cool you're teaching ballet! Thank you so much for your comment and YES! We should definetely give each other some updates ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Rukiya! You recently asked for an interview on my blog and yours?

    Um, I am not sure how we are going to do this as I don't have a blogging email and I don't want to use my real one for anonymity reasons. Do you have any ideas? I suppose I can communicate with you on the comments section but then all of our readers on both our blogs would already know the answers...

    Maybe if we put each other as authors on our blog settings and then we can make our posts, answer the questions and then sign out? That way we both won't have immediate access to each other's blog! That seems the best option but let me know what you think.

    The Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yes we should do your second idea, I'll contact you later about it :) For now could you please make me an author now? Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Hello Rukiya!
    Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog! I really appreciate it!
    Your blog is lovely and these quotes are amazing!
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool post, I really like those quotes!

    ~Nabila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nabila! Glad you liked my quotes :)

      Delete
  7. I took ballet as a little girl but never grew into liking it. Dance is such a fun thing and I hope you pursuing those dreams of yours!
    -V

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was me! I wanted to start ballet when I was twelve and I though that I was too old for that, so I didn't. Now I really wish I did. :( You're so right and I'll be hoping and cheering for you, because I believe you can succeed if you really want to and if your work hard enough. Just from your post I can see how much passion you have for dance and that's what matter the most. Never give up! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Live the life you love! It has made my day! How old are you now?

      Delete
    2. I'm 15, turning 16 in October, so I am way too old haha What about you?:)

      Delete
    3. Oh ok! I'm 12, I started ballet when I was 11 and Jazz when I was 10 or something I don't remember. It was probably 11!

      Delete
  9. Wow, it sounds like dancing is really important to you! You're still pretty young, and if you want to become a dancer, it sounds like you have all the determination you need to achieve your dream. :) I hope that the setbacks don't set back your dreams, and that someday you'll be able to dance your heart out!

    Thanks for stopping by Sometimes I'm a Story!

    ReplyDelete