Saturday, 14 November 2015

#BloggerChoiceAwards2015 ~ Interview with Ines and Lexie


Hi guys, yes. I know I know...This interview should of been up ages ago! But, I'm publishing it now :/ Doesn't matter anyway :D


"Hi bloggers,
I'm Ines and blog over at Unicorns, Narwhals and Me, as well as my old blog Ines's Insights. And I'm here to answer Rukiya's questions for her amazing blog!"

"Hello everyone! Ma name is Lexie, and I'm that girl from the one, the only: What Lexie Loves. I'm here today to answer some questions on the fab-u-lous Rukiya's blog (hopefully I won't drive you away ;))!"

Ines: "I am so grateful to everyone who voted for me, it means a lot! Its cool that both my sister and I were chosen to be Best Choice Book Reviewer! THANK YOU RUKIYA for coming up and hosting the BCA - it is an awesome idea."

Lexie: "I just need to quickly thank everyone who voted, especially if you voted for me <3! Thank you so much, I still can't believe it. Most of all I want to thank Rukiya and her AMAZING BLOG!!!!! IM GETTING TOO EXCITED NOW, okay *breathes* "






So Ines...You won the 'Best Choice Book Reviewer Award' THAT'S A PRETTY BIG DEAL! So how do you feel about that? PS. YOUR BIG SISTER WON TOO, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT??

Its lovely to know that other bloggers out there, read and like my book reviews. My sister was a big inspiration to me starting my blog - even though she hogs the computer most of the time! <3

You and Lexie's book reviews are just AMAZING, any advice on how to make a successful one?

To make a successful book review, you need to give your true opinion and not give too much away! ;)

Considering you won with your sister, how did you react when you found out?
"OH YAYYY I WON! Oh...And Lexie...HOW DARE SHE" Hahahaha, I really don't mean to offend your sister IN ANY WAY AT ALL...SHE IS AMAZING!

I just blocked Lexie out of the picture, it was me who won, I deserve the credits!!! 😤 JOKE!

What was your favourite category?

My favourite categories, where the Funniest and Personality (and, of course Book Reviewer)!

Any critiques for the BCA? Anything I could've done better? BE HONEST!

I'd have to say, not having as much run-up and posts before hand, but apart from that: FAB-U-LOUS!

So now, like I've done for GirlRadio and Noor's interview, I'm gonna give you something to fix. *note* I'm not gonna relate to anyone I know. This challenge...Or whatever you wanna call it, won't be the same as your sisters. So let's say someone has just started getting into books, so she creates a blog mainly about book reviews...But, she doesn't know how to start an actual review! How would you fix that?

I'd make a private Gmail chat, and drop in a few tips on how to start the post, and what to include in it: be yourself, be funny and write your opinions!

HOW IS YOUR LIL SURFBOARDY?

ITS ON MY BLOG!!! Check it out!

Any advice for bloggers?

Keep calm and be yourself

Now...The BIG QUESTION: What do you think of my blog?!

LOVING IT! I like your design, simple yet effective! Your posts are really engaging, and you have a great range of different posts.

Thank you Ines! It was a pleasure to have you :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now guys! Head over with me to Lexie will you! She's waiting ^ ^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Lexie...You just won the 'Best Choice Book Reviewer Award' THAT'S A PRETTY BIG DEAL! So how do you feel about that? PS. YOUR SISTER WON TOO, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT??

I still can't actually believe it, and I love that I'm sharing it with my sister (which normally, I don't love doing... *guilty*)! Best Choice Book Reviewer is so amazing, and the fact everyone actually likes my book recommendations is still hard to actually take in! THANK YOU!

You and Ines' book reviews are just AMAZING, any advice on how to make a successful one?

Wowowow, thank you... *gobsmacked* *remembers what she is doing and comes back to consciousness* My main tip is to write about the book in a way that would make you want to read the book, if you hadn't before - I think that made sense! Remember to just keep in small amounts of details, and more of why you liked it. Also, when you are writing about the plot, create mysterious questions, so the reader wants to buy the book!

Do what YOU think is write.

AND CHECK YOUR PUNCTUATION, SPELLING AND GRAMMAR - I cannot stress this enough!


Considering you won with your sister, how did you react when you found out.
"OH YAYYY I WON! Oh...And Ines...HOW DARE SHE" No. That wouldn't be right would it? I really don't mean to offend Ines IN ANY WAY AT ALL...SHE IS AMAZING!

It went like this:
AAAAH!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I WON BEST CHOICE BOOK REVIEWER *more hysterical screaming*... AND INES AS WELL!!!!!! She'll be sooooo pleased.

What was your favourite category?

Other than Book Reviewer, which of course is my favourite, Original Content, Thoughtful Blogger, Personality and Funniest!

Any critiques for the BCA? Anything I could've done better? BE HONEST!

I think, not really posting AS much as you did, maybe less categories, a bit more 'elite' and as much as I loved coming joint with my sister, personally I think it would be great to have just one winner per category, like GirlRadio said!

So now, like I've done for GirlRadio and Noor's interview, I'm gonna give you something to fix. *note* I'm not gonna relate to anyone I know, this is just for fun :) Let's say a blogger LOVES reading, she adores sharing all her books with bloggers, and so she decides to make reviews every other day (and make the theme of her blog about reading). But her reviews don't seem to be very interesting and well written, so how would you sort that out?

Well I'd drop her/him a quick comment or email to tell them something like 'I love reading too'! or 'I've read that book'! etc. and then say 'I think your blog could come a long way - its really cool, although maybe you could fix the {problem they are doing wrong}, but in a super polite way wouldn't hurt their feelings at all!

HOW IS YOUR LIL SURFBOARDY?

I printed it out and pinned it to my pinboard in my room!

Any advice for bloggers?

Be you.
Express your personality.
Be funny.
Be quirky.
Be original.
And write about what you love. DO NOT JUST POST FOR THE SAKE OF IT! Some people do you really short posts that just say -

"today I wnet to the shops and brought a masivve hamburger it was yummy i loved it so much talk properly later byeeeeeeeeeeee"

Firstly, check your spelling, punctuation and grammar, and then think 'would I enjoy reading this. Honestly'!

Now...The BIG QUESTION: What do you think of my blog?!

 I LOVE IT!!! Your posts bring a smile to my face, and are really relatable!


Thank you Lexie! It was a pleasure to have you :D



That's it for today people, I'm planning something very exciting! But yeah...Can't tell you yet...


Byeeeeeeee





2 comments:

  1. Cool interview! * decides to stalk you untill you show/tell me the surprise*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview, Lexie and Ines really deserved the award! Can't wait for the surprise :)

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete