Tuesday, 10 November 2015

#NewbieBloggers ~ Blog Design Tips

Hai...I haven't been getting much comments lately, bit confused why. Anyway, I'm having lots of fun making Daisy Koo, or shall I say 'Zoe' a blog design :)

The Tales of Zoe

Me and Kathryn had an AWESOME Dance Chat in early October (I know, it should of come out AGES ago), check her's out with me here

I'll post mines with her tomorrow! 




A blog design is something that, in my opinion shouts how popular you and your blog is going to be. I'm not saying that you can't be popular without an awesome blog design, but it does mean a lot if you're wanting to gain readers, page views etc.

Colours

Please please please don't use dark colours for your blog design, they really aren't eye-catching at all. When you go on a blog  you'd want to see it full of brightness and some sort of liveliness...Then again even if your design is dark I guess it matters on what dark colours you're using. 

Key words to remember ~ Brightness, liveliness

Sidebar and page

Okay, this is actually quite important. If you have a sidebar with only the 'followers' gadget then that's not going to look like you've made much of an effort. BUSY-NESS is the key, fill your sidebars up with things. For example, I have a little introduction/about me (which EVERYONE must have, once again to make your blog look BUSY), my button (I don't think having a button is that significant...But it's DEFINITELY good to have one anyway), my followers (If you don't have a followers gadget, you should get one NOW), a 'follow this blog my email' gadget (this certainly isn't important, but I chose to have it anyway) and last but not least a blog archive (that's pretty good to have too). Once you've participated in any blog contests/events, why not let your readers know by slapping a participation button onto your sidebar? It makes your blog look busy after all!

Now the page, please please please DO NOT have writing like this -

HI EVERYBODDYYYYY AND TODAY I'M GONNA

It hurts the eyes and doesn't attract people to your blog. Keep it black or grey, those are the best choices. Let's just say, AVOID BROWN.

Key words to remember ~ Busy, AVOID BROWN, black or grey

Writing in posts

Right. All I wanna say is to NOT write something like this,

HEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU GUYS!!!! TOMORROW I'M GOING TO A PARTY AND GUESS WHAT THERE'S GOING TO BE AN AWESOME SWIMMING POOL AND IT'S JUST GONNA BE SO FUN LIKE REALLY FUN AND LIKE I'M JUST EXCITED AND YEAH!!!

I mean you can write like that once at least, but if it's like that in every post...people may start to find it annoying. So please, DON'T exaggerate your exclamation marks, I advice everyone to use one or two, ONLY if necessary.

Key words to remember ~ Don't exaggerate, aaand that's it!



Those are my tips for all you #NewbieBloggers out there, good luck!

And remember one little thing...


" BE YOURSELF, sometimes you have to post what you want to post...and not something that you'd know would make a 'hit' "
~ Rukiya











9 comments:

  1. YES! I hate it when people write their posts in all those different colours and when they go:

    HEYYYY!!!!! IM BACKKKK FINALLLLLLLYYYYYYYY CANT DO A PROPER POST CUZ IM BUSY JUST REMEMBER TOO TELL ALL UR FRIENDS ABOUT MY BLOGGGG! ALSO PLZ FOLLOWWWWWWWWW!

    Great tips Rukiya! <3

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I really needed this post since I am trying to start my own personal blog myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cookie Crew! It's cool you're
      working on your own blog, if you want I can make you a design :) No problem, it's my pleasure!

      Delete
  3. Yes! It really gets on my nerves when a blog post has a million different colored letters in it, and I get a headache just from reading the post!
    #thankyouforwritingthis
    #Icompletelyagreewithyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #EXACTLY!
      #gladyouenjoyedmypost
      #noproblem

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I hate i when blogs have a really dark coloured theme, it looks really depressing and i instantly become not as interested in the post. I once read a blog that was completely black, with those white swirl things as a boarder, and it was not appealing. At all.
    Your blog's template is awesome thought - it's really crisp and clean :D
    Little Robin xxx
    http://littleteensblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, dark colours just don't fit a good blog. Thanks! Your templates pretty cool :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for these great tips. It's very useful :D

    ReplyDelete