Sunday, 21 February 2016

Blogger Apprentice

Hello bloggers!
I'd like to introduce to you...






Blogger Apprentice is not only a contest for fun, but it will also help you in real blogging situations that the majority of bloggers come across, along with the basic skills you need to have..Which are not so easy!


How it works




 These tasks are (hopefully) going to get that professionalism, which I know you all have, into your writing for the Blogger Apprentice.




What will the tasks be like?




The tasks will be either preparing, or developing your professional skills. It'll be a mixture of basic things like commenting, and the obstacles you may come across in the blogging world.

Noor's role in the contest

 In some tasks, Noor will write articles to help you with your tasks. At the end of the contest, she will mark you guys' amazing work with me.

Me and Noor will also be emailing you some gentle critiques of your blog, but that's nothing to worry about ;)


You email me your tasks

{shinenelevate@gmail.com}



And the prize is wha...?




The prize is literally a Blogger Apprentice trophy.

 Enrol Here


And now for the first task!



------



BLOGGER APPRENTICE ~ TASK 1 ~ COMMENT PROMOTING


Comment promoting is definitely something you need to learn how to do well, especially when you're new to the blogging world. There is the good promoting and the bad promoting, the 'OK' if certainly not as common. 



You have two tasks: One is to write a comment promoting your blog on a poem post, and the second is to write a comment promoting your contest. Good luck. 

Article ~ By Noor


Hello bloggers! Noor here with the first task :D Today we’re doing comment promoting. This is a very important topic that I’d like to address, because it’s a key part of blogging that will come up A LOT in your blogging career if you want to get your blog out there.


Be subtle. You want to be chill with your promoting, and you don’t want it to seem like promoting. There’s many ways to comment promote, some more subtle than others, but you don’t really want to flat out say what you want in the comment.


For example, if you’re doing a contest on your blog and you’re promoting it:


DON’T: Make the comment all about your contest.


Hey! I’m having a writing contest on my blog. Check it out? [insert link]


This shows that you didn’t read the person’s post at all. It appears as rude and making it seem all about you.


DO: Talk about the post, make it meaningful and show that you care and give a subtle hint to your contest.


Your words blow me away everytime, _____.  Also, since your writing is simply stunning, I was wondering if you wanted to enter my writing contest, although I’m afraid you’d crush the competition :P


This shows that you care and that you’re making a kind compliment towards their skill and their post.


divider.png


And this doesn’t just have to apply to promoting a contest, just promoting your blog in general.


The best way to promote your blog is to just leave your link. Chances are, they’ll check out your blog if you drop a link, and maybe even follow.


DON’T: Ask them to check out your blog.


[insert comment]


Check out my blog! [link]


This is just silly and sounds quite desperate.


DON’T: Ask their readers to check out your blog.


[insert comment]


Hey Noor’s readers! Check out my blog: [link]


DO: Leave a nice link.


You can use a website such as Easy Hyperlinks to leave a nice looking link at the end of your comment that looks like clean, instead of www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com which looks messy.
divider.png


That’s all I have today folks! Onto you with the task :)

----

Good luck!


~ Rukiya





7 comments:

  1. This is a fun idea! In my early blogging days *nostalgic sigh* I just commented on all my favorite blogs asking everyone to check my new blog out. Nuh uh, Kathryn of two years ago.
    Now, I think that people will click on your name, if you show that you're a considerate reader and proficient writer in your comment.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome idea! I signed up and am now your apprentice. I think I need more work on blogging and I think this will help :)

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up, though I'm not sure I get it all super clearly.
    -Dani

    http://thedanijonesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dani Jones, so what don't you get?

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! Totally entering as I am still a bit of a blogging newbie. :P Can't wait for the next task. ^^
    ~ Suzy | Craftz'n'Craziness

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if we don't have a contest going on also for a task like this would we email you the page that we commented on or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you pretend you're having a contest. Blogger Apprentice is all about preparing, therefore you have to pretend to be in real blogger situations to complete the tasks :)

      Delete