Saturday, 6 February 2016

The British Habit of Saying | Sorry

Is it too late now to say sorry?
Cuz I'm...

Okay that's enough with the Justin Bieber (whom I'm actually not a fan of). 

Hey guys! Feels nice to post after a little break, covered by awesome bloggers :)




WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK
Rihanna's new song <3 comment-3--="">

Okay I'm focused

~~~

So I don't know if you guys have been to the UK, but if you have, or are going, one thing you may of known (or are going to discover) is that people say sorry SOOOO MUCH.

Like, It's crazy.

I have the habit myself.

Wait, let me make this more clear.

This habit is not an ordinary habit, *is about to click Spotify but realises that I can't till I've finished the post* It's a habit that...Is BASICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET RID OF.

You say sorry when you've done something wrong.
You say sorry when you've hurt somebody.


sorry
ˈsɒri/
adjective
  1. 1
    feeling sad or distressed through sympathy with someone else's misfortune.
    "I was sorry to hear about what happened to your family"









You hear that British people!

MISFORTUNE.
SYMPATHY.


So here's how it goes...

*walking in a packed underground station, casually*
*loads of people running, or just walking...Casually*
*Not even a nudge, that...WORD!*
"Sorry..."

And the thing is, we say it like we're nervous.

But that's just the beginning...

Here are some examples from ~

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows//blog/2013/02/gosh-sorry-overapologetic-brits-in-america
“Sorry, could you pass the salt, please?”
“Sorry, but you’re standing on my foot.”
 “I’m sorry, but I’m not going to apologize.”
“Sorry, can you repeat that?”
“Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean.”

WELL I'M SORRY, but we British people who say this are very shy...
Be confident :)
Forget about the people who think it's rude not to say sorry about not-even-a-nudge at a busy train station, they're obviously just fussy and rude themselves.
And now, here are things 18 British people will say sorry for from the website, and it's true! Believe me Americans!
1. Walking into someone.
2. Nearly walking into someone.
3. Being walked into. 
4. Nearly being walked into.
5. Walking into a door.
6. Not hearing what someone has said.
7. Thinking you heard what someone said but being so scared of being wrong about what they said that you ask them to repeat it, just in case. 
8. Calling someone on the phone.
9. Answering the phone in someone else’s presence. 
10. Being late.
11. Being early.
12. Being predictably punctual. 
13. Using too much milk.
14. Not using enough milk.
15. Walking across a zebra crossing.
16. Letting someone walk through a doorway before you. 
17. Coughing.
18. Sneezing.

Even when someone else has done wrong, it's 
"sorry..."
How to fix?

Bye guys, I hope you enjoyed my post...
Ps. Anyone noticed that the writing's changed slightly since the ~
link? But I actually prefer it this way!
See yaa! :D





2 comments:

  1. I'm not British (although I really want to be xD) and I say sorry way too much. But I agree, everyone should stop saying sorry so much :P

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this habit as well though I am not british.

    ReplyDelete