Thursday, 11 August 2016

My Braces Experience So Far



Ello.

Today I will be sharing my braces experience on the Internet, as I got them months ago and I'm pretty much experienced now. 

So lets, g-g-go.

The Day

Emotion Emoji : 😛
Thoughts : Oo, having braces is cool!



When I very first got my braces they didn't hurt at all. I got a lovely pink colour, and I was happy.

Around 6pm..

Emotion Emoji : 😓
For some strange reason, they started to hurt in the evening. I couldn't really eat, and I don't think I slept that well either. 

Thoughts : ...Ugh.

Next Day and The Day After That

Emotion Emoji : 😭
Thoughts : I CAN'T DO THIS! Cowpoll sucks to be honest. 


For two days my braces hurt like CRAZY. I could barely eat at lunch. On the way to the bus stop after school I was breaking down into tears, the feeling of metal pushing your teeth isn't something anyone would want to experience. I looked so disturbed that a lady asked me if I was OK, I said 'Yes' but forgot to say thank you because I was rushing to a toilet to put wax on where it hurt. Apparently that 'takes away the pain.'  I was breaking down in public. IT WAS HORRIBLE. 

Day After Serious Pain

Emotion Emoji : 😌
Thoughts : I'm OK now. 



It was a relief. But obviously it still took a while to get used to and all.  


Did They Tighten Them?
A couple of days ago I went to get my braces tightened. However, I'm actually not sure if they tightened them at all, because there's been NO PAIN. Most people have pain for about 3 days when the orthodontist tightens them, so it's weird. 




Hope you enjoyed my post...Bye. 
















17 comments:

  1. Braces are literally the WORST. How long do you have to have them? I had them for five years, so I've kind of become an expert at this point, unfortunately. My best advice is, right before you go to the orthodontist, TAKE PAIN MEDS. I took Advil, and that lessened the pain afterwards a bit. Ice cream and advil. Basically the only way I got through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to have them for a year, they tightened them last week and they didn't hurt! It's sooo weird.

      Delete
  2. This is a fun post! I love all the videos to describe your feelings. Hope they get better!
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way when I first got braces! My teeth were SO SENSITIVE. Luckily, I now can't feel a thing except the occasional tightening pain. I still hope I can get them off soon.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't even feel the tightening pain, it's so so so weird. Anyway, good luck!

      Delete
  4. I had braces for two years-- they're not as bad as people think, but that may be because some people had them longer. Often times, it's more of a passing thought like, "Huh, I do have braces." They can be there for so long you just kind of forget they're there. O-O

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean :-) The only thing I don't like about it is that it's kinda hard to clean your teeth

      Delete
  5. I really should have gotten braces a while ago, but for some reason I still don't have them on!
    Anyway, they sound horrible, but I guess after wearing them for a while people get used to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you get used to them real quick :-) you should get them

      Delete
  6. I have to say that you are one of the lucky ones for sure. The first moth is usually the most painful when getting new braces. If you survived the first month then even the monthly tightening sessions from here out will see like a walk in the park because they are only tightened a little at a time to allow the teeth to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rukiya!
    I don't have braces, so I don't know what it feels like. How do you eat and clean your teeth when you have braces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy!! You eat like normal, but it's best not to eat sweets and fish..Stuff that rot your teeth and get stuck between your braces. I'm gonna be honest, my teeth are probably not in the best condition. It's very hard to clean your actual teeth, but the orthondist gives you this little special toothbrush thing that helps you get food out that's stuck between your braces. You just use a normal toothbrush to brush your teeth, but it's a soft one. Also you can go to the orthondist and they can clean your teeth for you if you feel like they aren't that clean ;-)

      Delete
  8. Gosh this is almost EXACTLY how I felt when I first got braces! This was so relatable XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Glad it was relatable! Thanks for the comment :-D

      Delete